• Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2008,2008R2,2012, 2014) with Proven experience in Database Technologies and able to Architect / Design / implement a DB solution which meet client requirement of High Availability, Performance and Reliability in one or more of the following, Oracle, DB2 UDB, MS SQL Server, Sybase and Informix,MySQL
• Strong experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
• Strong experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
• Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication and AlwaysON.
• Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
• Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
• Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Foglight, Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, SSRS, SSAS)
• SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures ( creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
• Deploy and support SSIS and DTS packages
• Strong experience database upgrades from one SQL version to another SQL version
• DB engineering support for patching, IT security requests, Auditing, Automation of DB Admin tasks
• Database engineering support for Line of Business applications,
• Support Application Development Requests for Database/Schema Refresh in SDLC
• Troubleshoot application performance issues and recommend changes for the database
• Solid technical and problem solving abilities
* Partner with delivery teams, Infrastructure, database teams in fine tuning the processes and supporting the initiatives in their respective domains.
* Work with delivery teams to understand the pain points in using the technology and provide recommendations
* Assist in consolidation of the technologies used across the IM
* Work on pre-planning of the sustainment efforts and help strategize options to execute the projects efficiently
* Work with product vendors to understand the roadmap of the product and how it can be integrated with the current processes in IM
* Implement best practices for Backup, Recovery & DR strategy.
* Implement security framework for managing users and groups within different functions on the platform.
* Implementing alerts for proactive monitoring.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Must have skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in designing databases suitable for business intelligence projects
* Experience working in windows/unix environments.
* Experience in Performance optimization techniques, partitioning, inmemory and SQL tuning.
*Performance engineer will work with multiple track leads and optimize the SQL queries.
*He / She must be very proficient in Performance Tuning.
*Incumbent must be extremely good in trouble-shooting and a must be a good problem-solver.
*He must identify Performance issues related to Memory areas, SQL queries, access paths etc.
*The performance engineer will first assess the query and decide if it requires performance tuning from database end. The person must be hands on technical expert in writing SQL queries and interpreting the Query and spot the performance bottleneck. Quick turnaround and following conventional tuning approach to issues are necessary prerequisite
The job includes working with the various technology teams, vendors, and management of new hardware and operating systems infrastructure.
The Engineer will be responsible for the installation, configuration and implementation of complex systems for multiple projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Architect, design and implement complex system configurations at an expert level in demanding customer environments.
* Assess, design, plan, and implement complex infrastructure projects
* Directly interact with cross-functional teams and solution architects to identify, develop, and obtain complete information for solutions.
* Plan and execute technical program including developing, validating, executing, and delegating project technical processes and procedures. Serve as escalation point for technical project issues.
* Apply best practices, strategies, methodologies and approaches to large scale projects.
* Achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements. The candidate for this position must demonstrate strong team leadership and focus on results enabling businesses to operate more effectively
* Strong communications skills and ability to document and present complex designs to a wider audience.
SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 (MCDBA/MCTS) certified with exposure to 24*7 Production support.
Working Knowledge of Ms-SQL Desired
1. Substantive (10+ years) experience providing database administration in the following environments - MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
2. Expertise on Installation, Backup, Restores/ refreshes, etc.
3. Must have worked on Log shipping, Replication, DB Mirroring, Migration, performance tuning, Cluster environment and DTS/SSIS.
4. Expertise in mentoring and coaching peers.
5. Ability to deal with conflicting deadlines on a regular basis when managing work packages associated with projects.
7. Good working knowledge of Windows XP/2000/2003 Operating environments.
8. Ability to utilize various tools to provide system management functions such as: system backup/recovery, code promotion, system monitoring.
9. Ability to perform software upgrades, and apply patches.
10. Ability to formulate overall strategies and support development effort in areas of major difficulties and organizational complexity.
11. Risk awareness is vital. A simple change can have major unintended consequences.
12. University Degree or College Diploma in Information Systems and demonstrated experience