Counter of Festivals

Ashok Blog for SQL Learners and Beginners and Experts

Saturday 12 November 2016

How to solve SQL Service failed to start. TCP provider failed to listen on [ 'any' 1433]. Tcp port is already in use.

SQL Service failed to start. TCP provider failed to listen on [ 'any' 1433]. Tcp port is already in use.

Example 1:

Today I got an error when I tried to start SQL Server on my PC.
It's been working fine so far and I did not install anything new on my PC, so it was kind of strange...

To see what is going on I looked at Event Viewer (eventvwr.exe) and found the following error messages.

Server TCP provider failed to listen on [ 'any' <ipv4> 1433]. Tcp port is already in use.

TDSSNIClient initialization failed with error 0x2740, status code 0xa. Reason: Unable to initialize the TCP/IP listener. Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

So it looks like other application occupies SQL Server default instance port TCP 1433.
To find out what is using 1433, I ran netstat.exe as follows:






I found one process using TCP 1433 and its process ID was 5136 as you can see at the end of the output above.

And now I ran Process Explorer (procexp.exe) to check out which application it is. (Sure, you can run Task Manager or any other process monitoring utility) It turns out that PID 5136 was Google Chrome (surprisingly!) and it was connecting to Google owned 1e100.net server (173.194.33.146).


I killed Google Chrome and restarted SQL Server... and everything worked fine...


Example 2:

in My case kindly see below







it throws error code 10048



Kindly run

netstat -a -n -o | findstr 1433




you can another process using it




now it running fine see below


Example 3:

When starting the service I received the error :
Windows could not start the SQL Server (SQL Express) on local Computer. For more information, review the System Event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 10048.

Solution:
First check the event log for the correct error
So this port is already in use by another application

Start your command prompt

Execute : netstat -ab > netstartport.txt

Execute the created text file

Here you find that the problem in this case is the jhi_service.exe file

My solution :
I’m going to reserve the used SQL port so this jhi_service.exe can’t use this port.
Start Regedit
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Create or edit the key ReservedPorts

In my error in the beginning of this post you’ll see the error was in IP6 and port 49330

So also change the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters


Also edit port 49330 to this key.

REBOOT the computer in order to test the actions
After the reboot the port 49330 is now connected to the Svchost.exe,

and my Service is started.




No comments:

Post a Comment